Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Past Week

It is amazing that October has come and gone, and November is here.  We have only a month left before we leave for three months.  I am really looking forward to some time off from work and our upcoming travels.  We have figured out our housing situation for March, which is a relief.  It seems most sensible to stay in the lovely motor lodge, but I think we will be changing apartments within the complex to have a balcony.  Our apartment really isn't much to look at from the exterior, but the inside is nice and spacious.  Most importantly though, I feel safe in this location.

We have had an enjoyable week with plenty of activity.  Aaron's friend Scott came to visit from Arizona.  It was great to have him around and enjoy his company.  He helped the husband brew yet another batch of beer, which just thrilled me.  No, I really do like that Aaron enjoys this pastime so much, I just don't know what we are going to do with all of this beer!  We also managed to go out and enjoy the Halloween festivities in SF. 

I have had the past two days off and have immensely enjoyed my free time.  Yesterday I took the train over to Oakland to meet up with a friend for a day of hiking, eating and beer tasting.  Melissa is one of my favorite people, and I look forward to continuing our fun times when we return in the spring.  I met her at work last summer, and we have quite a lot in common.  She loves to eat and travel, so there is always something to talk about over a good meal.  Anyways, we enjoyed a beautiful and strenuous hike up a very steep hill that provided great views of the bay.  On our way back to town we stopped at a great little gourmet sandwich shop and split the ahi tuna and pulled pork sandwiches.  Both were fantastic...  The day ended downtown at a joint called Beer Revolution, which has approximately fifty beers on tap at any given time.  The smoked pumpkin beer was amazing!  Poor Aaron, he had to work.

Today has been uneventful.  I took a friend to the airport, exercised, and then read more of my book on China.  My friend was leaving SF today for Shanghai, so I was very jealous when dropping her off.  Tonight for dinner I made a veggie and cheese quinoa dish.  It turned out really well and was much more healthy than the sausage apple pie I made last week.  Oh well, I suppose it is okay to have comfort food sometimes...  I pretty much work the next week and then we leave for Chicago to visit our friend Verena.  Good times shall be had!

No comments:

Post a Comment