Monday, October 24, 2011

A Night Out and Back in the Kitchen

Aaron and I met our friend out for Singapore cuisine a couple of nights ago.  It's probably a good thing we exercised hard that day because it was a night of full of calories!  Here are a few pictures... The fish and oysters were really great.

Poor Fish

Ready to Eat!

Me and Gig

I met Gig last January when I started nursing orientation.  She is from NYC and has a fantastic accent.  My southern drawl probably drives her absolutely crazy!  She has become one of our good friends here in the city.  We have such good times trying new restaurants and talking about life.  I am so glad she will be staying in the area for a while!  

I am trying to get back in the kitchen and cook more these days.  After a summer full of company and then various trips back east it has been hard to make myself prepare new recipes.  I whipped up a pumpkin casserole a couple days ago, and it tasted very similar to pumpkin pie filling.  Aaron gave it two thumbs up and managed to finish it in approximately 24 hours.  To rid of the leftover pumpkin, I prepared homemade pumpkin pancakes.  Aaron ate silently and asked for seconds, which I take as a good sign.  We are both off today, so I think I will try to make some type of ethnic cuisine this evening.  Hopefully it will be a delicious dining experience!  We'll see...

1 comment:

  1. you're one of the most adventurous eaters i've ever met! i wouldn't know where to start with any of that! especially since it has eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete