Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Visit to the Redwoods

Aaron and I had a few days off together, so we decided to roadtrip our way up north to visit Redwood National Park.  It was a wonderful two day journey, and we thoroughly enjoyed spending time together in such beautiful territory.  We stayed in Arcata, California and wandered through the national and state park system in the area.  I really don't have a favorite when it comes to Sequoias or Redwoods.  They're both such splendid trees, and walking among them is truly a majestic experience.  The giant trees are one of my favorite things about this state for sure!

Arcata, California

Marbled Murrelet-Arcata, California

Beautiful Countryside

Redwood National Park

Redwood National Park

Having Fun!

So Tall

Redwood National Park

Screwdriver Tree

 Screwdriver Tree

A Friendly Banana Slug (we spent a long time watching this slug)

 Klamath River-Klamath, California

 The Husband

Gigantic!!!

Me in Fern Canyon

A Mysterious Image-Redwood National Park

Expecting T-Rex at Any Moment

 
Ladies Enjoying the Redwoods

A Pretty Pic on the Drive Home

So, we had a fantastic time.  We're just having a quiet night here in the city this evening.  Aaron will be bottling his first batch of beer, and I will be assisting him with that.  I believe tonight's batch is a pale ale.  Then we have a porter brewing in the closet, and he plans to make a wheat beer on Friday.  I think that will total fifteen gallons of beer when all is said and done.  Hmmmm... not sure what to think of this new hobby. He is currently wearing my apron and happily baking bottles in the kitchen as I type.
I work the next three nights, and then we have plans with friends on Sunday afternoon.  Fun times as always! 

No comments:

Post a Comment