Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Lovely Day

This morning I woke up quite early and head out with Zuri for a run.  We did a quick four mile jog along the beach.  The weather was quite perfect with plenty of sunshine and minimal wind (very unique this time of year).  It was a great way to start the day.  We got home, and I managed to wake Aaron up so that we could eat breakfast and be on a local hiking trail by mid-morning.  I did some quick research on dog-friendly trails, and I found Sweeny Ridge Park, which is just a few miles down the 280.

We didn't make it out as early as I had envisioned, but that was okay.   Very typical actually.  We were amazed to arrive at the park and immediately feel the difference in temperature.  It was about fifteen degrees warmer in San Bruno, and we're no longer used to this kind of heat.  Oh well, we decided to brave the warm temperatures and begin climbing the 1,200 foot hill that stood steeply before us.  It was a beautiful walk at least, with plenty of interesting plant life, birds and lovely views of the bay.  We took a little water break at the top and enjoyed relaxing on a bench, chatting and taking in the scenery.  After our little respite we explored the ridge for a while and enjoyed the trails that took us through deep shrubbery and then onto a boggy area.  The hills are still nice and green, and there were plenty of bugs for Zuri to try and catch.  It was so nice to get out of the city for several hours and to enjoy the solitude of nature.  My feet are feeling very tired after a four mile run and six mile hike, so this afternoon we're taking it easy.  I think tonight I will make Hungarian Chicken for dinner and then we're planning on going to a comedy club.

These are the kind of days I want to have this summer.  Plenty of activity, time with the husband and dog, and enjoying the night life in San Francisco.  It has been very pleasant, so I had to quickly jot it down so not to forget.  I go back to work tomorrow for one day, and then I work all weekend.  It shouldn't be too bad.

Here are a few pictures from our hike today.



 The Bay

The Pacific





No comments:

Post a Comment