Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Reminder

Yesterday when I went into work I found a gift addressed to me sitting in the windowsill of the break room. 


With this gift there was a note that said:

To: The Friendliest RN I ever met

I wish you the best in your Spanish studies.  The Latin language (Spanish) is quite romantic and expressive.  Remember lose your fear, and just talk...
Thank you for taking all the time to care for our family.

With Love-A


I was speechless and the note just about brought me to tears.  I had told this particular family how much I enjoy trying to teach myself Spanish, and the grandfather went right out and bought me this set of books and CDs.  I can't wait to get started on the discs and then practice my Spanish with them at work.  This was just such a nice gesture, and it helps me to remember how much I love taking care of patients and families during their hospitalizations.  

No comments:

Post a Comment